Robert Tew was right.
How can we expect to attract opportunities, high level clients and get paid what we’re worth – if we don’t recognise our personal value and self-worth?
It’s almost impossible and the reason why I often say:
“The first sale you make is to yourself. If you don’t value your services, how can you expect someone else to?” @AnnemarieCoach
So why do we continue to undermine and undervalue ourselves and our personal value and self-worth?
I believe it’s because of the following three barriers – recognise any?
1. You’re taking your gifts and talents forgranted
There is nothing divine about deprecating your gifts and talents or diminishing their worth in any way. Shining is sharing an abundance with us all. – Tama Kieves
Over the last 15 years in my work with professionals, executives and entrepreneurs, whether they be men or women, from different cultures, or from various walks of life – there is one thing I’ve found they all continue to struggle with.
Their inability to recognise their strengths, gifts and talents as truly valuable, which impacts their level of self-worth and makes it difficult to position these gifts and talents in a powerful, marketable way.
It’s so easy to take our strengths forgranted as they are often so easy for us to do.
And because of this we tend to shrug them off by saying: “Oh, that’s nothing. Anyone can do that.”
You know what – it IS something, and NO, not everyone can do that.
- Do you have the gift of organisation? To the person who is disorganised and always running late she wishes she could be more organised;
- Do you have the gift of writing? To the person who struggles with putting a few sentences together – this is invaluable. She’s tired of starring at a blank page for hours on end and wishes the words would easily flow out onto the page;
- Do you have the gift of the gab and able to communicate eloquently in front of a group of people? To the person who physically goes numb at the thought of having to stand up and speak in public, she wishes she had the level of confidence and ability to do this too.
Never take any of your gifts and talents forgranted.
All of your strengths, gifts and talents combined – are what make you special, unique, distinguishable and AMAZING!
2. You’ve been hurt by someone or something
Are you what others say and think you are? Or are you who you are regardless of what others say and think?–Richelle E. Goodrich
Has someone said something demeaning about you that you’ve been harboring, so-much-so that it’s prevented you from developing into the amazing person you were destined to become?
Or perhaps something has occurred that didn’t quite work out as expected and has therefore shaken your confidence, so-much-so that you’re unwilling to try again?
Rather than let any of these situations continue to keep you stuck – why not use this situation as a learning opportunity?
Remember, when people say nasty, unhelpful comments it’s NOT a reflection on you but often a reflection on where they are in their own life. Don’t let their insecurities hold you back from reaching your goal. Ok?!
And, as for a situation that didn’t work out as you had hoped? Well, now you know better. And people who know better can DO better the next time round. So can you! OK?
3. You’re in the grips of Competitor Comparison Syndrome
When we don’t recognise and leverage the incredible value in our own gifts and talents, we can often find ourselves looking at our competitors and what they’re doing, with envy.
- “If only… I could do what she’s doing!”
- “If only … I was able to land the same opportunities”
- “If only…[you fill in the gap].
As I’ve written in my article: Is Competitor Comparison Syndrome Crippling Your Business unhealthy competition and constant comparison will only leave you feeling inferior, envious and frustrated.
It’ll also rob you of being able to recognise your Inner Brilliance, your personal value and self-worth so you can live your full potential and become the awesome, incredible business owner that you were meant to be!
Stop letting your competitors and what they’re doing rob you of discovering your gifts, talents, Inner Brilliance and hence your personal value and self-worth, so you can build the business of your dreams, doing what you love.
So, what do you think? Do you recognise any of these three barriers? What action step will you be taking to ensure they don’t stop you from recognising your Inner Brilliance and your personal value and self-worth?
Struggling to build a successful coaching practice / business? Feel undervalued & underpaid? Find it hard to get new clients?
Access my Biz Success Kit to learn:
- How to Get Paid What You're Worth
- Money Mindset Breakthrough Secrets
- Busy-ness vs Productivity & Profitability
- And MUCH more ...